Pages

Friday 4 October 2013

Hanging around the fireplace:

I've been collecting bits and pieces to hang above our fireplace for a little while now.  The majority of them have some kind of sentimental meaning, but none of them really match and they probably shouldn't be hung up on a wall together.  The end result is a bit higgledy piggledy, but I'm starting to think that that's just me, and it sums up my style pretty well!  For the last year, we've only the larger mirror in the middle on that wall, and it's lovely to fill up the space.






I feel like you will have already seen the majority of these keepsakes on Instagram or in other blog posts, so I don't want to repeat myself too much and run the risk of boring you all to death!  It's pretty safe to say that our flat is becoming a bit of a shrine to Frightened Rabbit, however...  If you do have any queries about anything in particular in the above photos, though, just let me know and I can fill you in on where and when it's from.

I also feel I should add that I'm experimenting with photo editing at the moment, and I'm not a huge fan of how these ones turned out.  Never mind, hopefully you can still see everything clearly enough, and I'll know for next time!


Edit - 05/10/2013:

I forgot to mention that I used adhesive plate hangers to hang both the Anthropologie plate and the guitar fret board above.  These have worked really well (even better than I'd hoped, actually) so I've decided to post some photos of the adhesive discs I used and how they are attached at the back, just in case anyone needs some inspiration or advice on how to do it!  They were very easy to stick on, and also seem simple to remove if and when I need to.  Using one of these on the fret board felt like a bit of a gamble, but I think the result looks great!  Okay, I'm really done now, I promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment