Pages

Monday 21 April 2014

Inferior Inspiration #12:

As strange as it feels to write here, in a few short weeks I will be finished all of my postgrad classes.  Honestly, I didn't even make a dent in all of that stationery I bought...  The course isn't quite over yet, though.  Between May and August I will be working on my dissertation which will involve plenty of research, writing and also filming.

As I'll be lugging books and camera equipment around Edinburgh and Glasgow (and possibly even further afield) for months, I thought it might nice to treat myself to a sensible yet handsome backpack.  The bags I've been looking at for inspiration all have a specific padded pocket that would fit my laptop and keep it safe.  They are also all extortionate!  You can't beat a good rucksack though, right?




1. The Pop Quiz Plus backpack from Herschel Supply Company is basic in design but still beautiful.  Inside you'll find a cute red and white striped lining and as many useful pockets a girl (or boy) could ever need. (£50ish)

Source: here

2. For something a little more feminine (but no less practical) there's the Jill-E laptop backpack in a more traditional style.  Budding photographers might be interested to know that you can purchase a camera insert for this bag to keep your equipment safe and secure on the go.  I love the style of this bag, but the pale beige colour makes me nervous.  I know it would end up filthy in no time! (£40ish)

Source: here

3. This Goodordering retro backpack in forest green fondly reminds me of primary school bags and the '90s in general.  I'm not sure how good the quality of this bag would be in reality (I found it on Amazon) but it comes in several colours and looks like it has plenty of space for books as well as a laptop. (£59)

Source: here

4. The interior of the Incase Campus mini backpack is - to be frank - pretty ugly.  However, I really love the exterior shape and colour combination of bright yellow and muted grey.  It's modern, lightweight and the hideous interior is very useful and (mostly) hidden from view. (£39.95)

Source: here

5. I am a sucker for anything bright blue, and this Unique Vintage Korean style backpack is no exception.  It actually comes in a whole host of beautiful colours, but the blue is my favourite.  I like the classic design, and it seems like this one can hold a lot whilst still looking cute! (£20ish)

Source: here

6. Curveball!  The JanSport Superbreak Sleeve is nothing like the other rucksacks on this list, but it still appeals to me.  Clearly not much would fit into this bag (aside from a laptop) but it's such a neat design that you can just grab and go.  I love it! (£15ish)

Source: here

No comments:

Post a Comment