Pages

Friday 7 December 2012

Personalised Christmas baubles:


Remember this Christmas decoration from my Fake Christmas post?  I made a personalised bauble for each of my guests, and it was much easier than I thought it would be!  Making them is just common sense really, but in case any of you are inspired by this idea, here's how I did it:

Step 1: Buy some Christmas baubles (I got 12 for £1, which meant I had room for mistakes) or use old decorations you have already.  As long as they have a smooth surface, you should be fine!  Use liquid glue to draw or write whichever shape or name you like on the bauble.  (If you make a mistake, quickly wipe the wet glue off with kitchen towel and start again.)


Step 2: Completely cover the wet glue in loose glitter.  I used two colours of glitter on the majority of my baubles to make them a little more interesting.  WARNING - there will be glitter EVERYWHERE.  FOREVER.


Step 3: Lay those beauties out to dry for as long as is humanly possible.  I left mine for a couple of days (and then hoovered up glitter constantly for a couple more days...).


Step 4: Once your glue is completely dry, clean the excess glitter off the baubles with a Q-tip and try not to inhale too much of it in the process.  Then just lay your hands on some narrow ribbon (I got a roll from John Lewis) and string them up, ready to go on a tree!

Have any of you crafty types made your own decorations this year?  I'd love to see them, as this is about as crafty as I ever get!

No comments:

Post a Comment