Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

Halloween decorations:

I got overexcited about Christmas very early this year (thanks, ridiculous advertising!) and tried to distract myself with other holidays instead.  Somehow, even though we aren't throwing a Halloween party this year, the fireplace has ended up looking like this:


I'm not a horror movie person, and I jump out of my skin at the slightest thing.  I'm even still kind of scared of the dark, especially when I'm in on my own.  When I was around 13 I saw the American remake of The Ring and ended up so psychologically damaged that I slept with the light on for about 6 months afterwards...  In short, I'm a big chicken with a very over active imagination.  Still, I do love sweeties, cute (non-scary) decorations and Hocus Pocus, and I've always loved Halloween.





All of these decorations are from Poundland, which all students on a budget know is a goldmine for cheap Halloween party decorations.  If you're only going to have them up once a year (or aren't planning on reusing them at all) then there's no point in spending lots!


This little ghost guy is hanging in the hallway to greet people on the way in the door.  I got him in Poundland in Dundee last year, but he was also on sale in the Edinburgh branch when I bought my other decorations recently.


I took a daylight shot so you could see the Halloween tinsel I wound round ornaments on the mantlepiece.  I got the tinsel (one lot with pumpkins and one with skulls attached) from Poundland as well, and I know they have it every year because I've seen it before and specifically went in there to get it.  The gargoyle is Craig's own, and actually sits there all year round, but it's very Halloween appropriate!

I realise now that this seems like one big Poundland advert, but obviously a huge number of other pound shops will sell inexpensive Halloween decorations too.  If any of you were out for Halloween this past weekend, I would love to see some photos of your costumes!  If you're having a party on Wednesday, or this weekend, then hopefully this post has given you some decoration inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment